Saturday, November 10, 2018

My Vegan Skincare

Hi everyone, so this is going to be something different and not about New York! I am going to be telling you what vegan skincare I use, when I first became vegan I hadn't really thought about the cosmetic side of it so it took me a while to find products that I loved but also didn't harm any animals. Vegan cosmetics can be a bit confusing so I hope this post helps you with your first step to vegan and cruelty free skincare. 



The Body Shop have always been a favourite of mine but even more so when I went vegan. They make buying vegan and cruelty skincare and makeup so easy! For a couple of years now I have been using the Aloe Vera cleanser and toner, I have very sensitive skin which can flare up easily so this definitely calms my skin. 


Next is the Pixi Glow Tonic, every beauty guru I follow on Instagram raved about this product so obviously I had to try it too! I use this once a day (usually at night) as it contains glycolic acid it can be harsh for your skin. However, the glycolic acid removes dead skins cells which reveals brighter and fresher skin, it is definitely a favourite of mine and would love to try more products from this range. 


This range is an absolute life saver, I love the B. range in Superdrug as they have such good quality and affordable products and have such a wide range. This moisturiser is lightweight and hydrating for the skin and it also sinks into the skin so you aren't left with a heavy and sticky feeling. 


This Solait suncream from Superdrug was great in the summer and I found it a really good base for my makeup. Often suncream can break me out but this product didn't have that affect so I am hoping they will bring it back next summer! It has a mattifying affect which means you don't get that shine like you do from other suncreams and I also found it wasn't heavy on the skin at all. I get 30 SPF as I have pale skin and want to avoid skin damage as much as possible (on a mission to "stay looking youthful"). 


This one of my favourites from The Body Shop as it leaves my skin feeling so clean, soft and glowy. Its aim is to draw out any impurities on the skin and refine the appearance of pores which leaves you with beautiful and glowing skin. This face mask has a tingly affect so don't panic when this happens! It is a strong mask but my sensitive skin can cope with it so don't let that put you off. It is hands down the best face mask I have ever used. 


Deodorant was one the most confusing products for me when I first went vegan, all the brands I had been using such as Dove (who recently went cruelty free in October 2018) and Sure aren't cruelty free so it left me a bit lost. However, there are so many natural deodorant products out there which are better for you and the environment. This has been interesting to learn about so I will be switching to those products in the future but for now I am using Superdrug's deodorant which smells great and is cheap! 

I hope this helps people to live a more vegan and cruelty free life! Thank you for reading and I will see you next time. 

Alice x 

INSTAGRAM: @jalleyalice 
PINTEREST: alicejalley
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig