Sunday, October 14, 2018

Vegan eats in NYC

Hi everyone! I apologise for my lack of posts but I am now getting back into it and there will be posts weekly.
If you follow me on instagram (it is @jalleyalice for those who don't) you will know that I have recently been to New York. I have been to NYC twice before but this is my first time being a vegan in the big apple and it made it a very different experience! Instead of eating at the big chain restaurants, we went to independent businesses and had more homemade, natural food which felt great and it gave us the opportunity to visit different areas of Manhattan.
I am such a foodie and most of my day centres around what I am going to eat so I did a lot of research before we went, I highly recommend doing this as the worst thing ever is when you are hungry and can't find vegan options anywhere! So to make your planning a bit easier, here is a list of our favourite vegan eatery's.

By Chloe
We went for breakfast, lunch and for snacks at By Chloe because it is just so good! We visited the Rockefeller and Bleecker Street locations and both had a lovely atmosphere and beautiful decor which always makes the experience so much better. Take a look by visiting their website By Chloe, their entire menu is vegan which is amazing.
For breakfast I had 'The Sunrise' which included scrambled tofu, spice chorizo seitan, black bean salsa, avocado on a wheat tortilla and it was beautiful and so filling for a packed day in NYC. Pictured below is the 'Mornin Glory' my sister had and she loved it!


For lunch one day I had the 'Quinoa Taco Salad' which was huge and had so many flavours including the agave-lime dressing and it is stunning, drooling just thinking about this salad and I don't say that often!


One afternoon we were craving a sweet snack so we popped into By Chloe to pick up their Lemon Poppy Seed muffin and Matcha Blueberry muffin. Both were so good but I must say the matcha one was my favourite, loved the funky green colour of it too!


Overall, I would rate By Chloe a 10 out of 10 and I will definitely be visiting the London one. 

Green Symphony
This place is a great little health shop just off from Times Square, this was really convenient for us because it was right round the corner from our hotel. Green Symphony is fab for vegans and non-vegans and is stocked full of healthy drinks, protein bars, has a salad bar and homemade healthy cakes and everything they sell includes organic, healthy ingredients. Our favourite food from here was their 'Fakin BLT', I haven't had a BLT since turning vegan so this was life changing, it included vegan mayo and tempeh bacon and it was honestly wonderful. 


They also had a large smoothie menu, unfortunately I didn't get the opportunity to try one but whenever we went in there the smoothie were always a popular choice! They have so many different options and are constantly adding new ones. Couldn't praise this place enough for their varied menu! The food here is also very affordable. 


Green Symphony gets an 8 out of 10 from me! Would just love to see more vegan food options. Please visit their website for their full menu Green Symphony

Cinnamon Snail
To say this is the best vegan food I have ever had would be an understatement. I visited the Pennsy Food Hall location and they had such a variety of foods to pick from that I was slightly overwhelmed! I honestly wish I could have a constant supply of their food, I was as well met with great service and despite our large order our food came so quickly. 

I had the 'Beastmode Burger Deluxe' which is basically this huge ass burger topped with mac n cheese and it was the best burger I have ever had! I also ordered the 'Creamy Mashed Potato' with porcini mushroom sauce and I can't begin to describe to you how good this was, the mash was so creamy and the gravy had so much flavour. Visit their website to see all the delicious foods they sell Cinnamon Snail


I had also heard amazing reviews about their doughnuts so I had the smores and pumpkin pecan flavours and both were incredible and satisfied my glazed doughnut craving! 


Overall, Cinnamon Snail is a 10 out of 10 for me and I can't wait for the day I get to go back!

Jamba Juice
Jamba Juice was just round the corner from our hotel and was located in Bryant Park so it made it such a convenient place to go for breakfast. My go-to options were the 'Apples n Greens' smoothie or the 'Nutty Almond Butter Bowl' which were both well priced and good for on-the go. The smoothie was very refreshing and was a health kick from all the burgers and the nutty almond bowl was filling and the toppings were so yummy with the almond butter, blueberries, granola and strawberries! 



Overall, I would rate Jamba Juice 6 out of 10, their vegan options are great but be careful with some of their smoothies because many of them contain dairy. Check their menu here to see which drinks are suitable for vegans. 

Blossom Du Jour
I was desperate to go to this place and it did not disappoint! We visited the Hell's Kitchen location and be warned it can be quite easy to miss, we walked passed it a couple of times before realising! Trust me though you do not want to miss this place because the food is insane, on our first visit I had the 'Skyscraper Burger' which is a dream. It includes two onions rings, mushroom bacon, cheese sauce and it is huge! 


On my second visit I had the 'Philly Cheesesteak' which is packed full of seitan so it made it very meaty, it also included creamy cheese sauce and spicy peppers. Absolutely loved this and would definitely have both the burger and sandwich again. 


Blossom Du Jour gets a 10 out of 10, beautiful food and great service with great ethics. If you would like to see the rest of their menu click here

Smorgasburg
Every Saturday morning throughout the summer season Williamsburg holds the Smorgasburg food market which includes a variety of food stalls and is great for vegans and non-vegans. I was very impressed with the vegan food stalls and how many there were, including Chickpea and Olive where I had the pulled jackfruit burger below. 


This burger was stunning and included so many different flavours like the horseradish aioli and bread and butter pickles. The jackfruit was very meaty and it was packed full! Visit the Chickpea and Olive website by clicking here

I also visited the Koku stall which sell coconut ice-cream in coconuts! Their ice-cream is so beautifully decorated that I couldn't resit and I had to get one, so I got the 'Zen Bowl' and I was surprised by how good it was. It was very refreshing for a hot day in Williamsburg and I highly recommend them for the great instagram photo you get! Visit their website for more information as their ethics are great and they include amazing, healthy ingredients in all their foods Koku


I highly recommend both these business and would rate them both 9 out of 10. I will also be talking more about Smorgasburg in a future blog post so look out for that one!

I hope you enjoyed this post and it helps you find places to eat when you visit NYC. 
Happy Sunday :)

Lots of love, Alice x 
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig